About Duke and Durham
Visiting Duke and Durham
Check out the Durham Visitors bureau and the Duke Visitiors guide to plan your visit. Hotels near Duke Medical Center range from inexpensive, and within walking distance, to the 5-star Washington Duke Inn and Golf Club. Most hotels near campus offer free van service to Duke and to downtown restaurants, so you need not rent a car. See list below for some area hotels:
- Millennium Durham (1.0 miles from Duke University) $84
- Cambria hotel & suites Durham (0.6 miles from Duke University) $111
- Aloft Durham Downtown (2.1 miles from Duke University)$119
- 21c Museum Hotel Durham (2.1 miles from Duke University) $159
- Durham Marriott City Center (2.1 miles from Duke University) $139
- Unscripted Durham (2.1 miles from Duke University) $134
- Hilton Garden Inn Durham/University Medical Center (0.9 miles from Duke University) $129
- Residence Inn Durham McPherson (1.5 miles from Duke University) $135
- Washington Duke Inn & Gold Club (0.8 miles from Duke University) $189
- JB Duke Hotel (0.5 miles from Duke University) $189
Want to share travel expenses with another applicant interviewing at a Duke department? Notify the Residency Program Coordinator and ask to be added to the Duke GME list.
Dining in Durham
Durham is becoming known for its restaurants and chefs which have been featured in Bon Appétit, Gourmet, The New York Times, and Food & Wine. Southern Living named Durham one of the South's "Tasiest Towns." The food is one more reason to stay an extra day and get to know the area. Take the free Bull City Connector from Duke campus to downtown Durham or check your hotel for free van service.